Stilo WRC Des Composite RALLY Open Face Helmet (with Snell homologation)
The WRC DES Composite helmet has the same shape and fit as the WRC DES 8860 helmet, but without the extra thick 100% Carbon Fiber shell. It is formed in the same manner as the 8860, but with a Kevlar/Fiberglass mix which yields a competitively priced helmet without sacrificing shell integrity and weight.
The integrated microphone boom sets the WRC DES apart from other open face helmets and gives a secure location for communications equipment.
Features an M6 nut integrated into the shell to interface with Head and Neck Restraint Systems.
NOISE ATTENUATING EARMUFFS
These earmuffs provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear. The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuff’s unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
- The standard Adjustable Peak Visor can be fitted in addition to a flip-up visor option. The peak visor can be lowered to give the driver an effective means of blocking the sun as it gets lower on the horizon.
- The optional visor is a high quality flip-up smoked visor with a safety lock for the open position. It can be removed if needed. visor is a high quality flip-up smoked visor with a safety lock for the open position. It can be removed if needed
Stilo has two separate shell sizes for this helmet. This allows us to make a better-fitting helmet that is lighter weight. Instead of filling a very large shell with lots of padding for a size small, we have one shell size for extra small to medium, and one for large and extra large.
FIA HANS POSTS
Comes with an M6 nut integrated into helmet shell for interfacing with Head and Neck Restraints. Note, HANS users must purchase HANS Posts from Stilo to use with their HANS - standard HANS Posts will not fit the integrated anchor.
EPS CHEEK PADS
The WRC DES is the only open face helmet on the market that comes with both earmuffs and cheek pads. These cheekpads provide the best in lateral crash safety, while retaining the functionality of the earmuffs to provide a comfortable aural environment for communication.
ADJUSTABLE MICROPHONE POSITION
The WRC DES is fitted with an easily adjustable microphone mounting system. When purchased with electronics, the microphone comes with 4 5mm spacers to be used to achieve the perfect microphone placement.
INTEGRATED ELECTRONICS PLUG
- The integrated electronics jack is positioned far enough away from the HANS post anchor in order to make the use of the jack trouble free even when the HANS is worn.
- The wiring is all positioned safely and conveniently behind the padding so as to be transparent to the user. There are no hanging wires in the helmet, everything stays put where it is supposed to be.
- Small Shell: 1400 grams / 3.08 pounds
- Large Shell: 1440 grams / 3.17 pounds
STANDARD INTERCOM EQUIPMENT:
- Noise attenuating earmuffs with speakers
- Noise canceling dynamic microphone
- Intercom plug fully integrated
Accessories for Motorsport